- 5 of Utah’s Best-Kept Outdoor Secrets
- The Godmother of the Wasatch Backcountry
- 8 Iconic Winter Dinners Along the Wasatch
- Frosty Fun in Grand County, Colorado
- Pursuit of Powder
- A Goblin Valley Winter Escape
- Resort Report | Late Winter 2018
- Starting Line
- From the Editor | Late Winter 2018
- Late Winter 2018 | Digital Magazine
- This event has passed.
Sonoma Ultra- 50K and Half Marathon
October 1, 2016 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nestled in the hills above Kenwood, Hood Mountain Regional Park and Sugarloaf Ridge State Park feature amazing scenery and an extensive network of trails to explore. New this year, by popular demand, the Marathon has become a 50k, to satisfy Ultra runner appetites.
With well over 8,000 ft of elevation gain, the Sonoma ULTRA arguably standd as one of the toughest 50K’s in California. The half-marathon, not to be outdone, also holds its own boasting nearly 4,000 ft of gain and tough, grinding climbs. These courses are not made for achieving personal best times and will prove to be a challenge for even the most accomplished runners, but what they lack in speed they more than make up for in stunning vistas, rugged ground, and elevation gains to assure participants the satisfaction that comes from completing a strenuous day on the trails.
Camping is available for both Friday and Saturday nights. See our add-on options for more information.