- 5 of Utah’s Best-Kept Outdoor Secrets
- The Godmother of the Wasatch Backcountry
- 8 Iconic Winter Dinners Along the Wasatch
- Frosty Fun in Grand County, Colorado
- Pursuit of Powder
- A Goblin Valley Winter Escape
- Resort Report | Late Winter 2018
- Starting Line
- From the Editor | Late Winter 2018
- Late Winter 2018 | Digital Magazine
- This event has passed.
MID MOUNTAIN MARATHON
August 19, 2017 @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm75115
We are excited to announce a new course for 2017!
The new race course begins at Silver Lake/Deer Valley, where it follows the iconic Mid Mountain Trail for nearly 20-miles, to it’s terminus. There is one last uphill push before a long, winding descent down through the Utah Olympic Park trail system, with an epic finish at the base of the 120 meter, Olympic Nordic jump. The course rolls across the Wasatch Back, through aspen and evergreen forests, at an average elevation of 8,200′ and is largely shaded single-track. The Mid Mountain Marathon embodies the essence of mountain trail running with intermittent technical sections, a few sustained climbs and fast downhills. Voted best trail marathon in Utah, the Mid Mountain Marathon is a true trail runner’s marathon and is part of the Triple Trail Challenge.