- Super-Fuel Foods For Cardio Training
- 5 of Utah’s Best-Kept Outdoor Secrets
- The Godmother of the Wasatch Backcountry
- 8 Iconic Winter Dinners Along the Wasatch
- Frosty Fun in Grand County, Colorado
- Pursuit of Powder
- A Goblin Valley Winter Escape
- Resort Report | Late Winter 2018
- Starting Line
- From the Editor | Late Winter 2018
- This event has passed.
Comb Ridge Classic 10K & Half Marathon Trail Run
May 13, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$35 - $75
The Comb Ridge Classic offers runners the chance to have an experience of geological history while running a challenging route. Runners will experience the sharp ridges, breathtaking views, and flat wash of the Ridge. Comb Ridge was the home to Ancestral Puebloans. It was traversed by Mormon Pioneers in their efforts to settle southern Utah. With few roads or hiking trails, the Comb Ridge rises up to 900 feet above the flat wash. The ridge is a geological monocline, a single fold of earth created almost 65 million years ago by slippage of the tectonic plates deep below the Earth’s surface.